Facebook The Times Competition Full Terms and Conditions
Please read these promotion rules carefully. By entering a promotion you are deemed to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To participate in the promotion an entrant must be: (a) UK resident; and (b) aged 16 years or over at the time of entry.
- The promotion is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of the Promoter, its agencies or anybody connected with the promotions.
- To participate in the promotion, an entrant should purchase a copy of The Saturday Times and photograph the James Wellbeloved supplement found therein. Entrants should post their photographs on the James Wellbeloved Facebook page; tweet it to the James Wellbeloved Twitter account; or post it to their own Instagram page and tag in the James Wellbeloved Instagram account. Entries must be submitted by no later than 23:59 on Saturday 12th May 2018 to qualify for entry in the prize draw.
- Entrants have four opportunities to enter: Saturday 14th April 2018, Saturday 21st April 2018, Saturday 5th May 2018 and Saturday 12th May 2018.
- Only one entry per person per week.
- There is one prize to be won. The prize is a months supply of dog food.
- The winners will be the first name selected randomly from all valid entries submitted in the promotion. The prize draw will take place within 3 days of the promotion closing date.
- The result of the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winners. Entries containing any obscene, offensive, libellous or anti-social content will be removed from the social media promotion pages and the person submitting such an entry will be disqualified from participating in the promotion.
- The winner will be contacted in the first instance by the Promoter, who will reply to a winner’s Facebook comment, tweet or Instagram post. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 3 days, then a Private Message (“PM”) will be sent to the winner. The winner should respond by sending the Promoter a PM within three working days accepting the prize and providing address details to which their prize should be sent. If the Promoter does not hear from a winner within this time, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner from all remaining valid entries, with the originally selected winner forfeiting their right to the prize.
- The winners will receive their prize within 6 weeks of confirming their address details in accordance with Condition 9 above.
- Details of the winners in the promotion will be announced on the James Wellbeloved Facebook page. Alternatively, details of the winners (names and counties only) can be obtained for a 4-week period by sending an SAE marked “James Wellbeloved Times Competition Promotion Winners” to the Promoter to be received after Saturday 12th April 2018.
- The prizes are as stated, are non-transferable and no cash alternatives are available. The Promoter reserves the right to award alternative prizes of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for any reason.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any entries that fail to be entered in the prize draw or are delayed for any reason. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt with the Promoter. The Promoter cannot be responsible in the event that it is unable to contact a winner, or a winner fails to receive their prize, as a result of them having provided inaccurate or incorrect contact/address details.
- Promotion winners may be required to participate in future publicity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or suspend the promotion or extend the entry period without giving advance notice in the event that it cannot be guaranteed that the promotion can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reason or disqualify a participant if the Promoter suspects that any person has been manipulating entries or the prize draw or has acted unethically or in breach of these terms and conditions in any way.
- By participating in the promotion, an entrant accepts Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram’s terms and conditions, although it is acknowledged that such promotion is not sponsored or endorsed by, nor associated in any way, with Facebook. Entrants release Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with their entry in a promotion.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted the entry rules set out in all promotional materials and these terms and conditions when participating in the promotion.
- If an entrant includes a photograph or video of themselves and/or their pet(s) when submitting their entry, that entrant is deemed to have given permission for the Promoter to use their photograph/video on its social media platforms. Any photographs/videos submitted must be original, belong to the entrant and not feature any other individuals (except with the express consent of such individuals).
- If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from the remainder of the provisions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: James Wellbeloved (A Division of Mars Petcare UK), Oak Tree Meadow, Blackworthy Road, Castle Cary, Somerset BA7 7PH.